Bantry House was bought by the White family in 1730 and was enlarged by Richard White the second Earl of Bantry. The house has a collection of tapestries, furniture and art treasures which were mainly collected by the Earl during his travels through Europe in the 1800's.
The Gardens are home to sub-tropical plants and shrubs-reflecting the best in European design and style. Features within the 45 acre grounds are Hundred Steps, the Italian Garden and the largest Wisteria circle in Ireland. The House and Gardens are open to the public along with an exhibition centre in the east Stableyard explaining the history of the attempted French invasion of 1796.Read more