Bounce in a club with Pure Cork pizzazz, revel in a festival or kick back to some jazz. Catch an intimate gig in a pub with a fire or watch a horse race with locals that comes down to the wire…View all
Kayak around the city or head north for a hike, see Dursey by cable car and explore Beara by bike!View all
From public transport to fish and chips. Read our list of handy Pure Cork tips.View all
Over a hundred attractions and venues, of all shapes and sizes, in every part of the country including Cork, will offer free places to the public.
Tourism Day is an annual event that celebrates Irish tourism. This year, it will take place on Friday 17th April 2020. On Tourism Day over a hundred attractions and venues, of all shapes and sizes, in every part of the country including Cork, will offer free places to the public.
Tickets though must be pre-registered on https://tourismday.ie (see below link). Special and unique events will also take place at participating locations and everything is available free of charge.
2020 is the inaugural year of Tourism Day which is an initiative of the Irish Tourism Industry Confederation (ITIC) and supported by Fáilte Ireland.
The aims of Tourism Day include:
• Encourage more people to visit tourist venues, experience and attractions in their locality
• Underpin the fantastic tourism and visitor facilities that we have locally and nationally
• Raise the profile of Ireland’s tourism industry
• Encourage people to try new things to see and do and get into the habit of going more often to attractions and tourist sites in their locality
• Generate pride and appreciation for the quality of Ireland’s tourism product
• Encourage job seekers and school leavers to consider tourism and hospitality for the exciting and dynamic career it offers
Click here to register: https://tourismday.ie/Book Now